Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Unemployment is hilarious

My temping work has temporarily dried up (sob) and in between frantically applying for permanent positions (fingers crossed!) I have been working on a Stitch'd Ink cross stitch kit.

Stitch'd Ink - Rose Outline


When I was asking my grandma about borrowing an embroidery ring, I told her that it needed to be large as it was a portrait of a woman standing up. I didn't mention the lack of clothing.

Stitch'd Ink - A leg & Rose outline


And on top of the cross stitch? I actually, swear-to-everything, made lemonade!
In fact I made Lemon-Vanilla-Honey-Ade from a recipe I found here.

Lemonade!


Inside a Black Apple's Lemonade

To Make One Reasonably sized pitcher (serves 6-ish):

1. Make a simple syrup by stirring together 3/4 c of sugar and 1 c water in a small saucepan on low heat, remove when sugar is dissolved
2. Meanwhile, juice about 5 good-sized lemons directly into your pitcher (reserve half your lemon-left-over peels and such)
3. Cool the syrup slightly, and then stir together with the concentrated lemon juice.
At this point I added in a couple of tablespoons of runny-honey. Because I'm basically obsessed with it.
Throw in a teaspoon or so of vanilla and give the whole thing a good stir.
4. Fill 3/4 of the pitcher with cool water.
5. If you're like Emily, toss about 1/2 your juiced-lemon wedges back into the pitcher. I love the taste that it gives! (I just threw in a couple of the least seed-y lemon halves).
6.Serve over tall glasses full to the brim with ice.

Lemonade!


I feel absolutely ridiculous!
I should be wearing pearls and heels and a full skirted dress.
In short, I feel like I'm in the 1950s. Bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment