Friday, November 06, 2009

Almost almost almost gone

Bags!


Yes. Those are the bags I have packed for our darling little trip to Japan. They seem ... remarkably small. However I've gone over my mental list a thousand times and I have everything I can think I'll need for a 9 day trip:

3 pairs of jeans. 1 to be worn on the plane. What? they're very stretchy jeans!
1 pair of leggings in case I tire of denim clad pins
6 tops (1 white, 2 black, 3 coloured)
1 dress
1 skirt
1 blazer
A scarf, hat, and gloves because it's wintery up there
Enough underwear to sink a ship (or rather, to last 10 days)
Scant jewellery
Basic makeup
Hair appliances
iPhone and camera chargers
2 pairs of shoes
2 bottles of wine as payment for accommodation at our darling friend Tim's abode.

And yet - all of this fits into a bag that TECHNICALLY is carry on legal. But I will be checking it. I hate people who test the limits of carry-on-only. Especially when they use bags with wheels.

MY carry on bag is my little old guess handbag. It contains mainly camera ephemera (camera, extra lens, wide-angle adaptor, spare battery, memory card, remote) as well as my travel wallet, a small book (A History of Love by Nicole Krauss), bits and bobbins along the lines of floss and mints and hand lotion, my iPhone & headphones, a neck pillow, earplugs, eyemask, and a small bag of musk candies. I don't think there's anything else I need.

This is terrifying me. I'm not used to packing light AT ALL.
And mainly? I just really hope that anything I HAVE forgotten (and there is likely to be something. Last time? toothbrush. NOT THIS TIME!) they sell in Japan and is not break-the-bank expensive.

Now? my main problem is that the outfit I have to wear to Auckland and on the plane tomorrow is far far too wintery to bear wearing in this unusually sunny Wellington weather.

But I must. I'm leaving soon!

Plane Clothes

3 comments:

  1. Have a good trip! We have certainly hit a cold snap here this past week so the scarf and hat might come in handy!

    I can not believe you travel so light though- hope you have a voltage changer for your hair appliances though since most of them don`t work here without it. The camera chargers are usually fine though!

    Look forward to hearing about your trip- always nice to see Japan through someone else`s eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. exciting - your packing prowess impresses me!
    Have a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a light traveller. I wish I had those packing skills! SUPER JEALOUS xxx

    ReplyDelete