Monday, March 15, 2010

Hiatus Update 2: Zoë by Sam Edelman Edition

Hi there oh amorphous internet,
I’m so pleased that this second hiatus update is lacking in the confession stakes. Well (of course) almost …

I ended up purchasing a leather pencil skirt (yes, I am doing nothing to dispel rumours) from trademe (New Zealand’s version of eBay except you CANNOT snipe the auctions. HATE.) and admittedly, I bid $2 while drunk and did not expect to win it …. Ha. More fool me. I won. But my darling husband gave me a pass on that one. So it doesn’t really count:

Leather Pencil Skirt Leather Pencil Skirt


I have been approaching this hiatus as less of a challenge and more of a lifestyle change. I haven’t found it torturous because I haven’t been black and white with myself, shades of grey all the way,
I have modulated my lunchtime walks around the city, I tend to go to the waterfront (or just see how far I can walk) instead of to the main shopping street(s), but I haven’t banned myself from going into clothes shops or avoided reading fashion blogs. I think, I think, I hope, that this change will last longer than the three months I initially set out. I have a feeling that it will. I do like it more than I was expecting.
Of course I was expecting it to be horrid and hard and frustrating as all get out but you know, I always prepare for the worst case scenario because then I’m usually pleasantly surprised!

Leather Skirt Detail: Bow


Additionally, in the not-exactly-a-confession category, my darling dear approved the purchase of a pair of shoes I have lusted after for years but which have been sold out every damn time I managed to scrape the requisite cents together. He’s lovely. I had previously decided, and mused out loud to Sir C, that I would purchase a pair of vertiginous heels as a celebration of the end of the hiatus. When these shoes (Sam Edelman Zoë boots aka faux-biagas) became available for purchase again my puppy-dog eyes took over my face and he rolled his eyes and said he liked them. Hurrah!
And so I ordered, I received, I tried them on, I took photographs and now I will pack them away again until April 14.

Sam Edelman Zoe


Only 30 days to go!

Sam Edelman Zoe
(yes they are kind of high. But the platform? the platform helps)

I am the queen of delayed gratification.

1 comment:

  1. The skirt is gorgeous, you tiny wee thing! I'm jealous. I'll eventually get one at some point.

    Well done so far on the hiatus. I've had one forced upon me for a while now because of the piano, but after it was bought, I went to Zara and bought a few things, which made it worthwhile.

    And then of course there's the iPhone (which I am still waiting for an update on..) - can't really complain just now!

    ReplyDelete