Sunday, November 25, 2007

My face felt ... crispy

Wearing a sequin beret (me) and many many layers (both of us), Craig and I ventured out to King's Cross St Pancras for an outdoor parade and circus.

Following signs and the frost of our breath we met with hundreds of others in a back road where we were joined by an orchestra and fantastic lanterns.

Parade!

Parade!

Parade!

The raggedy wrapped up crowd all fell in beside and behind the lanterns and tubas and we processed (we WERE the parade!) round the roads to where the high-wires and wheel of death were set up.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mesdames et Messieurs, Dammen unh Herren ...

Wheel ... of ... death

Wheel ... of ... death

Wheel ... of ... death

Wheel ... of ... death

Wheel ... of ... death


We listened to a small hip-hop concert, transcendental french hip-hop and painfully obvious community centre uplifting lyrics hip-hop.

Flying!

And then! and then there were the tissue performers. Lovely.


Tissue

Tissue

Tissue

Tissue

Tissue

Tissue

Here's a video!!



After two hours standing outside in the freezing cold our two-layers of everything had served us well. We made our way to a noodle bar (Chop Chop!!) by the underground and I was shocked at the puff of cold air that escaped from my handbag as I put my gloves away.


Canal?

at Chop Chop

Sequin Beret

Craig on the escalator at Southwark

And by Sequin Beret? I mean Sequin Beret.

Sequin Beret

(Craig hates it. I lovelovelove it)

Sequin Beret

1 comment:

  1. I also love love it! (and your hair looks very red)

    ReplyDelete