Monday, May 10, 2010

A favourite memory

Tuesday: Reader Submissions Pages


At a recent family dinner I noticed that my Darling Mother had, set as her iPhone wallpaper, a photo I had sent her of my photo & tattoo that was featured in Post Modern Ink.

I know she is not fond of my tattoos (after all, she made me and thinks I'm pretty awesome just as I am) but I was so touched that she was proud of my work. My photography that is. It was very different, discovering this instead of being told outright. Made it seem ... a lot more genuine I suppose.

I've been trying to write about this moment without seeming self-aggrandising and I figured that the day after Mother's Day was about the best I was going to get.

She's just lovely, my Mum.

2 comments:

  1. I think the next time I see you I'll have to do a once-over on all the tattoos! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:08 pm

    thats so awesome of your mum to do that. Really sweet.
    If my mum knew how to work her mobile phone I would like to think she may have a picture from me as her wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete