Friday, September 17, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 10 - Music

Amoeba Music!
Amoeba Music, San Francisco - January 2008


I listen to music inconsistently. I always have.
Being of a wordy bent means that if I cannot concentrate on much else if there are lyrics floating around my head, but of course I can't stand instrumental music either. A catch-22 which restricts the times and places where I actually listen to music*.

It tends to be only in the car with Craig on the way to and from work. So instead of mood specific music, here are just a few of the songs which I enjoy at the moment:

x Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
x F-cking Boyfriend - The Bird and the Bee
x Violins and Violence - Knives at Noon
x Love the Way You Lie - Eminem featuring Rihanna
x Doll-dagga buzz-buzz ziggity-zag - Marilyn Manson
x Tightrope (Wondamix) - Janelle Monae featuring B.O.B. and Lupe Fiasco
x Broken Machine - Zowie
x Whatever you Like - Anya Marina
x Bang! Bang! - The Knux
x The Ghost Who Walks - Karen Elson
x I was Made for You - She & Him
x Downtown - Kids of 88
x Dixon's Girl - Dessa
x Aku Raukua - Patea Maori Club
x Tricky - Run DMC

A somewhat eclectic mix.
But! for the first time in a very long time a list of music I like includes New Zealand artists (I am not patriotic in my music choices) - Knives at Noon, Kids of 88, and Patea Maori Club.


* Background music is different. I can carry a conversation in a bar if the music has lyrics. And the call centre where I used to work had the radio playing constantly, however it was always tuned to a horrific soft-pop station that I actively tried to not hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment