The Crown of King George the Fifth, from the near-ubiquitous poster:
(by Olly Moss)
Uhh ... not exactly. This one:
We decided on the crown because ... well. Let's put it in a list!
1. We wanted to get matching tattoos
2. I think that getting names or dates or faces or anything obvious tattooed in regards to a relationship could (and in my case probably would) jinx it
3. We wanted something related to London or England, because of the time we've spent there together.
4. We liked the crown!
5. Keep calm and carry on is a good thing to keep in mind when dealing with the British Immigration Association. And life in general.
I woke up making my nervous cricket face.
It was my second tattoo and yet, the face, the face! Good Lord.**
the last look at our bare forearms***.
My big bad husband is scared of my camera. So the first photo of my tattoo is this one.
We sat by the most pathetic park in Wellington (well, almost) and I drank a V (and was not crotchety, I swear!) while we waited for Michelle to set up for Craig's tattoo.
And then ...
I like that Craig wore his fake tattoo t-shirt to get his first real tattoo.
(Michelle from TattooFreaky.com)
Don't let his bravado fool you. He cried like a little girl.
Okay, okay, he didn't cry or flinch or anything.
But I did well too! I was actually able to maintain steady conversation while getting tattoo-ed and I could even bare to watch it. I did need Craig to squeeze my free hand however but still! I did very well! Exclamation!
(I made that cowl/scarf I'm wearing)
Why I chose the crown?
C! Cupcake, Crown, Craig!
Uhh ... they are even. I swear. My elbows aren't lined up properly.
(by Everyday is a Holiday)
* The poster was created by someone in the Home Office in 1939 and was to be posted around London during the war. It wasn't. But it was found years later and well, then the internet happened.
** Aly impression!
*** I regret looking like a black power member.