Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Intrepid since 2007

I started collecting tourist pins after we got to London in 2007. I had been planning on collecting charms for a bracelet* but they were hard to find. Pins on the other hand? A lot easier.

They've been sitting in a faux venetian glass box and I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with them ... I'm thinking perhaps a shadow box frame like a collection of pinned butterflies.
I have always intended to photograph them as well. Just in case our house burns down or, more likely, I never get around to doing anything with them.

Here are a few of my favourites:

St Paul's Cathedral

2 Broken key rings from my 1 day at Mme Tussauds
(two broken key rings from my one day working at Madame Tussauds**)

Guinness Factory
Guinness Factory, Dublin

San Fransisco

Shakespeare's Globe

Saturday: Brighton Pin

Moulin Rouge, Paris

Eiffel Tower

Hawaii

Hiroshima

Osaka Aquarium
Osaka Aquarium

Kelly Tarlton's


I collect them to this day. Even in New Zealand.


* in the end I collected all charms from London and adore the resulting bracelet.
** I quit, I wasn't fired. It was horrible.

3 comments:

  1. Can we hear about your Madame Tussaud's experience? PUH-LEASE?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! I just have to hunt out photos of me at 11 to accompany it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tourist pins. Like you, however, I haven't quite figured out what to do with them all.

    ReplyDelete