Sunday, November 02, 2008

Dia de los Muertos

Frida Kahlo Hair

Frida Kaho

Flowers in my hair

Ventricle Heart Necklace

My inspiration for the hair (ish) and the flowers and the shawl (not pictured) was this photo of Frida:

Frida Kahlo

But I also wanted to reference one of her paintings. So I created the necklace to resemble:

Frida Kahlo

I already had the ventricle heart necklace (yea yea. Whatever, it's awesome) and I just added 4 metres (yes) of red ribbon veins that ended in a little pair of scissors.

Craig as Johnny Cash

Craig as Johnny Cash

Andy as George Lucas' Creative Integrity

Andy as George Lucas' Creative Integrity

George explaining his money-making starwars script to Frida Kahlo

George explaining his money-making starwars script to Frida Kahlo.

Yes. There were two of us dressed as Frida Kahlo. No, we hadn't discussed our costumes. It just happened.
The weird thing is that beneath the Frida? we're both called Sarah. That made it really confusing.

Rita Freaking Hayworth

Kat as Rita Freaking Hayworth

Rita Freaking Hayworth

Frida. Without eyebrow but with crazy eyes

The aforementioned pashmina.

George & Frida

Stop taking my picture woman!

stop taking my picture woman

Hee.

Kat taking a photo of me taking a photo of her taking a photo of me ....

Craig is very tall

Shane & Mindy

When Shane was wearing his wig he was Kurt Cobain, Mindy was the devil.

Malcolm X

Rajeev is too cheerful as Malcolm X

Becs has a great sense of humour

Becs as ... I'm not sure.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Kat & Becs, Sarah & Andy

Malcolm X & Johnny Cash

Shane & Mindy - Midnight

Not pictured: Sylvia Plath, Doris Day (Oops), and Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment