Monday, October 04, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 27 - But WHY???

Sunday: Sickbed


Meme [meem]
– noun
– a cultural item that is transmitted by repetition in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes.
1976. from the Greek mīmeîsthai to imitate, copy. Richard Dawkins coined the term in his 1976 work "The Selfish Gene".

Why, oh why, oh why am I doing this 30 Days of Me Meme?
If you recall it was the combination of a large glass of wine, a giddy mood, and just a smidge of pressure from some of the darling people I follow on twitter that started this whole thing.
And I've only kept doing it because I started it, and hate leaving things unfinished. Also, it finishes neatly before my birthday which is very tidy.

I am sick of it, however, and I wish that some of the questions had been a little less completely rubbish and a little more Proust-ian.

Incidentally? one of my completely adorable sisters asked me last night why I was doing this "me me" thing. Which, considering it's a meme all about me, is rather an appropriate misunderstanding. Me me meme!

No comments:

Post a Comment