Tuesday, October 05, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 28 - Past Sarah-Rose, Present Sarah-Rose

At Work
2009

Craig was trying to steal & unbox my 550D!
2010


Admittedly, these photos are from January 2009 and October 2010 but they are two which show the greatest differences in ... me.

In 2009 I was growing out a hair cut. Now my hair is almost at my elbows.
My hair was very very dark golden brown. Now it is a dark ash brown. I've learnt my colours.
I cut a fringe.

I was 18 kgs (40lbs) heavier.

Craig and I were living with my parents in the Hutt Valley.
We still live in the Hutt Valley. I still hate it.

In January 2009 I had one tattoo. In 10 days I will have the first sitting for my sixth.
I am a walking art gallery. I love it.



I can't think of a way to say this without sounding like a complete tool so here goes:

If I am completely honest, the thing which has changed me most in the last 18 months is losing weight. I remember the first time I ever heard about BMI was in a doctor's office sometime in my early teen years and even then, even then, I was not in a healthy weight range. Earlier this month my BMI finally hit the healthy range.
It sounds ridiculous but I don't consider myself to have "dieted" my way to this weight. I changed my whole outlook on food, portion sizes, exercise, snacking, everything.
I eat better, I exercise more, I have spent far too much on clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment